Posted on February 22 2017
Toor Dal provides many of the nutrients your body needs, such as protein, fat, and carbohydrates. These foods serve as the best plant source of protein.
- Yellow lentils (tuar dal) – 1 cup
- Tamarind water – 1/2 cup
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Curry leaves, chopped – 3 tbsp
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – according to taste
Method of Preparation
- Steam the drumsticks in a pressure cooker and scoop out the pulp. Keep aside.
- Cook the daal with tomato in the pressure cooker. Tie the cumin and pepper mixture in a muslin bag and put it in the daal while cooking.
- Cool the mixture and discard the spice bag.
- Blend it with the drumstick pulp in a mixer.
- Strain or pass through a sieve and dilute with water. Serve hot.
Health Benefits of Lentil
Dietary fiber found food such as lentils helps in controlling blood sugar levels. Dietary fiber slows down the rate at which food is absorbed by the blood and thus maintains the sugar level constantly.